1. To begin, place a flat bench (or preferably one with back support) underneath a smith
machine. Position the barbell at a height so that when seated on the flat bench, the arms must
be almost fully extended to reach the barbell.
2. Once you have the correct height, sit slightly in behind the barbell so that there is an imaginary
straight line from the tip of your nose to the barbell. Your feet should be stationary. Grab the
barbell with the palms facing forward, unlock it and lift it up so that your arms are fully
extended. This is the starting position.
3. Slowly begin to lower the barbell until it is level with your chin while inhaling.
4. Then lift the barbell back to the starting position using your shoulders while exhaling.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variation: You can use dumbbells or a barbell to perform this exercise.
Alternative Exercises For Smith Machine Shoulder Press
Barbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Smith Machine Shoulder