- 1. Position a slanting bench underneath the smith machine. Set the barbell so that you can reach it while lying on your back with your arms almost completely extended. After choosing the appropriate weight, lie down on the inclined bench and position your upper chest so that it is parallel to the barbell.
- Unlock the bar from the rack and hold it straight over your head with your arms locked. Use a pronated grip that is broader than shoulder width. This will be where you start.
- 2. As you take a breath in, slowly exhale until the bar touches your upper chest.
- 3. Push the bar back to the beginning position while exhaling and activating your chest muscles after a second pause. Lock your arms together, hold for a brief while, and then begin to slowly lower yourself back down. A good rule of thumb is that going down should take at least twice as long as going up.
- 4. Carry out the movement the recommended number of times.
- 5. After finishing, put the bar back in the rack.
Warning: If this is your first time performing this exercise, it is suggested that you utilise a spotter because it can be a little difficult.
If there is no spotter available, use a moderate amount of weight.Same as the Barbell Incline Bench Press but with a Smith Machine.
Alternative Exercises For Smith Machine Incline Press
Dumbbell Bench Press