Seated leg curls, also known as seated hamstring curls, are a lower body exercise that targets the muscles in the back of the thighs, known as the hamstrings. They are a machine-based exercise that allows you to isolate and strengthen these muscles using a specific range of motion. The seated leg curl machine consists of a seated position with a padded lever that you curl with your lower legs.
To perform seated leg curls, you will need a seated leg curl machine.
- Sit on the leg curl machine and place your lower legs under the padded lever.
- Adjust the backrest and the lever to a comfortable position.
- Grasp the handles on the sides of the seat for support.
- Take a deep breath and exhale as you curl your legs, bringing your heels towards your buttocks.
- Curl your legs as far as you can without arching your lower back.
- Inhale as you slowly lower the lever back to the starting position.
Remember to keep your movements controlled throughout the exercise. It is important to use proper form to avoid injury and maximize the benefits of the exercise. You can also perform this exercise using a cable machine or a stability ball.