Oblique crunches are a strength training exercise that targets the oblique muscles, which are located on the sides of the abdomen.
To perform oblique crunches:
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Place your hands behind your head or crossed over your chest.
- Engage your core and lift your shoulders off the ground towards your right knee, keeping your lower back pressed firmly into the mat.
- Pause briefly at the top of the movement and then slowly lower your body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement on the left side, lifting your shoulders off the ground towards your left knee.
- Continue to alternate sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Oblique crunches help to strengthen and tone the muscles on the sides of the abdomen. It is important to keep your movements slow and controlled and to engage your core throughout the exercise to maximize the benefits. You can also vary the difficulty of the exercise by using different variations, such as a bicycle crunch or a Russian twist.
1 thought on “<strong>Oblique Crunches</strong>”