Machine reverse crunches are an exercise that targets the muscles of the lower abdomen, particularly the rectus abdominis and the obliques. To perform the exercise, you will need a machine specifically designed for reverse crunches.
Here’s how to do the exercise:
- Adjust the machine to fit your height and lie down on the bench with your feet hooked under the foot pads.
- Place your hands on the side handles for support.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the bench, pulling your knees in towards your chest.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your hips back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
It’s important to keep your core engaged throughout the exercise to get the most benefit. It’s also a good idea to start with a lower weight and gradually increase as you get stronger. As with any exercise, it’s important to listen to your body and stop if you experience any pain or discomfort.