- Select the weight and sit down on the chest press machine.
- Press the machine’s provided lever to push the handles forward, allowing you to grasp them and completely stretch your arms.
- Holding the grips with your hands down, raise your elbows so that your upper arms are side by side with your torso and parallel to the floor. Since you are grasping the handles, your forearms will be pointing forward. You will be at the starting position once you extend your arms and move the handles forward.
- As you inhale, now pull the grips back toward you.
- Exhale and pull the handles away from you while contracting your pecs. Before returning to the beginning posture, hold the contraction for a brief period of time.
- Carry out the appropriate number of repetitions.
- After you’re done, step on the lever once more to gradually return the handles to their original position.
Variations: You can execute this exercise on a standard bench with free weights (barbells and dumbbells).
An alternative is to use the pulley.
Alternative Exercises For Machine Bench Press
Dumbbell Bench Press
Barbell Bench Press