The leg extension is a lower body exercise that targets the quadriceps muscles in the front of the thighs. It is a machine-based exercise that allows you to isolate and strengthen these muscles using a specific range of motion. The leg extension machine consists of a seated position with a padded lever that you extend with your lower legs.
To perform the leg extension, you will need a leg extension machine.
- Sit on the leg extension machine and place your lower legs under the padded lever.
- Adjust the backrest and the lever to a comfortable position.
- Grasp the handles on the sides of the seat for support.
- Take a deep breath and exhale as you extend your legs, straightening them out in front of you.
- Straighten your legs as far as you can without locking your knees.
- Inhale as you slowly lower the lever back to the starting position.
Remember to keep your core tight and your movements controlled throughout the exercise. It is important to use proper form to avoid injury and maximize the benefits of the exercise.