Lying leg curls, also known as lying hamstring curls, are a lower body exercise that targets the muscles in the back of the thighs, known as the hamstrings. They are a machine-based exercise that allows you to isolate and strengthen these muscles using a specific range of motion. The lying leg curl machine consists of a bench with a padded lever that you curl with your lower legs.
To perform lying leg curls, you will need a lying leg curl machine.
- Lie face down on the bench, positioning your ankles under the padded lever.
- Adjust the backrest and the lever to a comfortable position.
- Grasp the handles on the sides of the bench for support.
- Take a deep breath and exhale as you curl your legs, bringing your heels towards your buttocks.
- Curl your legs as far as you can without arching your lower back.
- Inhale as you slowly lower the lever back to the starting position.
Remember to keep your movements controlled throughout the exercise. It is important to use proper form to avoid injury and maximize the benefits of the exercise. You can also perform this exercise using a cable machine or a stability ball.