- Set up a flat bench such that your chest will line up with the cable pulleys when you are lying on it, between two low pulleys.
- Lay flat on the bench with your feet firmly planted.
- Ask someone to give you each hand’s handles. Each individual handle attachment will be held in a palms-up grip.
- With your elbows slightly bent, extend your arms out to your sides. You should maintain this bend throughout the entire action. The floor should be parallel to your arms. Your starting point is here.
- Pull the wires together until the hands touch at the peak of the movement, and then begin lifting the arms in front of you in a semicircle motion. As you make this movement, squeeze your chest and exhale while doing so. Hold the contraction for a little moment at the top as well.
- Tip: When this action is done correctly, your arms should be parallel to your torso and touching the floor above your chest in the top position.
- Return to the starting position slowly.
- Continue for the specified number of times.
Variations include using dumbbells or an exercise band, as well as an incline or decline bench.
Alternative Exercises For Flat Bench Cable Flyes
Cable Cross Over