The dumbbell one-arm triceps extension is an exercise that targets the triceps muscles in the back of your upper arms. It is performed using a single dumbbell and can be done standing or seated. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform the exercise:
- Stand or sit upright with a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Extend your right arm straight up above your head, keeping your elbow close to your ear.
- Slowly bend your elbow and lower the dumbbell behind your head, keeping your elbow close to your ear as you do so.
- Once your elbow is bent at a 90-degree angle, straighten your arm to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and repeat the exercise with your left arm.
It’s important to keep your core engaged and your back straight throughout the exercise to maintain proper form. You can also perform this exercise seated on a bench or chair to help maintain good form and reduce the risk of injury.
Alternative Exercises For DB One Arm Triceps Extension
Cable Rope Over Head Triceps Extension
Seated DB Triceps Extension