The dip machine is an excellent exercise for targeting the triceps, which are the muscles on the back of the upper arm.
Here is a step-by-step guide to performing dips on the dip machine:
- Stand facing the dip machine and grasp the handles with an overhand grip.
- Position your feet on the platform in front of the machine, with your knees bent and your body upright.
- Lift your body off the platform by straightening your arms and push yourself up until your arms are fully extended.
- Slowly lower your body down by bending your elbows and allowing your body to sink down towards the ground.
- Keep your elbows close to your body and avoid flaring them out to the sides.
- Stop when your arms form a 90-degree angle and then push yourself back up to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of reps.
It’s important to maintain good form throughout the exercise to avoid injury. Ensure that you are targeting the triceps effectively. If you are new to the dip machine, you may want to start with a lighter weight or perform the exercise with one arm at a time to build up your strength gradually. As you become more comfortable with the exercise, you can gradually increase the weight or try performing the dips with your feet elevated to increase the difficulty.
Alternative Exercises For Dip Machine
Dips – Triceps Version