Cross cable side crunches are a strength training exercise that targets the oblique muscles, which are located on the sides of the abdomen.
To perform a cross cable side crunch:
- Set up a cable machine with a low pulley on either side and attach a stirrup handle to each pulley.
- Stand facing away from the cable machine and grasp one stirrup handle with the hand on the same side of your body.
- Engage your core and bend to the side, bringing the elbow of your working arm towards your hip and crunching your upper body towards your side.
- Pause briefly at the top of the movement and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions and then switch sides and repeat the exercise with the other arm.
It is important to keep your movements slow and controlled. Engage your core throughout the exercise to maximize the benefits. You can also vary the difficulty of the exercise by adjusting the weight on the cable machine or using a resistance band instead of a cable. Make sure to keep your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight throughout the exercise to maintain proper form.