Close grip pushups are a variation of the traditional pushup exercise that targets the triceps muscles in the back of the upper arm.
To perform close grip pushups:
- Begin in a plank position with your hands placed slightly closer together than shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your body straight and your core engaged as you lower yourself down towards the ground.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position, fully extending your arms.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Keep your elbows close to your body as you lower and push yourself up.
- Don’t allow your hips to sag or rise up too high.
- If you’re new to this exercise, you may need to start with your knees on the ground until you build up the strength to perform full pushups.
Remember to keep good form throughout the exercise to get the most benefit and reduce your risk of injury.
Alternative Exercises For Close Grip Pushups
Dips – Triceps Version