The cable kickback is a strength training exercise that targets the muscles of the glutes and hamstrings. To perform this exercise, you’ll need access to a cable machine with a low pulley.
Here’s how to do the cable kickback:
- Begin by standing facing the cable machine, with your feet hip-width apart.
- Reach down and grab the handle attached to the cable with one hand.
- Step back a few feet to create tension on the cable.
- Bend forward slightly at the waist and extend your free leg behind you, keeping your knees straight and your foot flexed.
- Hold the handle close to your body, with your elbow bent and close to your side.
- Use your glutes and hamstrings to extend your leg back, straightening it out behind you.
- Hold the position for a moment, then slowly return your leg to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of reps, then switch legs and repeat.
Remember to keep your core engaged throughout the exercise to maintain proper form and balance. It’s also important to use a slow and controlled movement, rather than swinging your leg back and forth.
Alternative Exercises For Cable Kickback