Method of Cable Cross Over
- Put the pulleys in a high position (over your head), choose the resistance to use, and grasp one pulley in each hand to get into the beginning position.
- Pull your arms together in front of you and step forward in front of an imagined straight line between the two pulleys. Your waist should be slightly bending forward as you move. This will be where you start.
- Extend your arms to the side (straight out at both sides) in a wide arc until you feel a stretch in your chest.
- To avoid stress at the biceps tendon, bend your elbows slightly. As you carry out this part of the action, inhale. Remember that the movement should only occur at the shoulder joint and that the arms and torso should remain immobile throughout.
- As you exhale, bring your arms back to their initial position. Use the same arc of motion that you did to lower the weights, if possible.
- After a brief pause in the starting posture, carry out the action as many times as necessary.
Variations: You can change where your arms come together in front of you.