- Choose a weight and use your right hand to grasp the low pulley’s handle.
- Slightly sag your shoulders until your torso is almost parallel to the ground. Your left hand should be on the lower left thigh while your legs are slightly bent. With a slight bend in the elbow, your right arm should be dangling from your shoulder in front of you. This will be where you start.
- Raise your right arm to the side, elbow slightly bent, until it is parallel to the ground and perpendicular to your right ear. Exhale as you complete this action.
- As you breathe in, gradually return the weight to the starting position.
- Repeat with the other arm, performing the recommended number of repetitions.
Variations: Dumbbells or exercise bands can be used to do this exercise in different ways.