The alternate hammer curl is a strength training exercise that targets the muscles in your forearms and biceps.
To perform this exercise, you will need a pair of dumbbells.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, with a slight bend in your knees. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your palms facing each other (a neutral grip).
- Keeping your upper arms stationary at your sides, bend your elbow and curl one dumbbell up towards your shoulder.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with the other arm.
- Continue alternating arms for the desired number of repetitions.
It is important to keep your upper arms stationary and to not swing the dumbbells as you lift and lower them. This will help to better target the muscles in your forearms and biceps.
Alternative Exercises For Alternate Hammer Curl
Cross Body Hammer Curl
Cable Hammer Curl (Rope Attachment)